This past weekend we headed to Tulsa.  Nathan had a big bike race there, Tulsa Tough, which is a lot of fun because it is a whole festival.  We started the weekend though by heading to the Tulsa Zoo on Friday morning.  I am going to brag on myself for a bit, because I drove to Tulsa and took two kiddos to the zoo all by myself….  AND it was a success!  I know I am a great/brave/crazy mom, right?  I know, thanks.  So anyway, the zoo was fun.  We got there in the afternoon and stayed just for a couple of hours.  I was hoping that Noah would be able to take a nap in the stroller but he disagreed.  We did have a lot of fun though and the kids were fantastic.  Here is Hadley playing at the park at the zoo.

This was Noah’s favorite part.  The water bottle.  The only problem was that he wanted me to hold it for him nonstop, which I could not do.

Sea Lion!

These were Hadley’s favorite. The big turtles.

That evening we checked into our hotel and met Nathan.  We went down to the race and tried to eat down there and watch some friends race, but that wasn’t able to happen so we actually ended up just going to our hotel and ordering room service.  At that point, that is what made the most sense for the kids and us.  It worked out.  Then we went to bed.  It was the first time all four of us have spent the night in the same room.  It was crazy but good.  Hadley ended up in our bed, which was a first, but luckily we made it through with a decent amount of sleep.  We were not really ready to get out of bed in the morning though.

We eventually got up and went and ate breakfast.  After breakfast Noah needed to go take a nap (but not without a picture first) and then Hadley just played outside some with her daddy.

In front of our hotel they had a green space kind of where Hadley and I (or Hadley and Nathan) spent some time while Noah was napping.  She liked throwing rocks and little balls into the water.

I don’t have a picture of this, but we also went swimming in the hotel pool.  That was fun.  On Saturday I also took both kids to lunch by myself.  Another brave moment for this mom.  We made it through pretty well.  I was impressed.  That afternoon Nathan raced and we actually missed it because both kids were napping.  SAD.  After the kids woke up though we walked down to the race and watched other people racing and ate dinner down by the race.  On Sunday we packed up the hotel after breakfast and then headed down to another race that Nathan raced in.  On Sunday Noah turned 8 months so I tried totake a picture of him but ti didn’t quiet work out at this point.  Luckily we got one later once we got home.

Here is a better one we got later, once we got home.

Here is a picture of Nathan racing.  “Go Daddy!”

After Nathan’s race Hadley went a road a Strider bike on her own little “race.”  It was cute.

It was an all around great weekend.  We were going to try to go to the aquarium also but the kids were exhausted, which is fine because I was too.  We had a great time though.  I am glad and thankful that my bike-riding husband likes his family to tag along with him on all his bike races.  We enjoy it!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s